Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 5 - January 27 - Big Pimpin´


Today Ana and I got up a little later and went to get our last breakfast at the Playa Espadilla Hotel. We were looking for waves so we hit up the beach. Sadly the tide was low and there were no big waves. No surfing. Que lastima! We just played in the water and attempted to body surf. Well I did until I realized I´m not that good at it and water up my nose does not feel good. We then headed back to the hotel pool to wash off the sand and salt water. There we had our last pool side strawberry daquiris at the wet bar as we watched two lizards having a marrital spat on the side of the pool. The male lizard wouldn´t let his mate eat. Poor thing we could see the hunger in her eye. The night shift came to the bar and we got to say more goodbyes to them. Then we headed down to the reception to find out how we could catch a shuttle to the next hotel. Diego was happy to see us again. We took a picture with him and promised to be life long Hi5 friends.

We trotted down the rocky road with our luggage to catch the shuttle in front of Marlin, not Martini´s, as I had previously called it. One guanabana con leche and una agua de piña later we were at the curb awaiting our ride to luxury...... 45 minutes later and no freakin shuttle, our sun burns raw and no patience left, we decided to take the local bus. Threw our bags in the bottom and jumped in headed up the winding hilly road. 10 minutes later I get off since we were told that the hotel was near El Avion. Ummm NO! We got off too early, but since I got off they would not let me back on so Ana had to get off too. Turns out the hotel was still up the hill another 400 meters and then 1 KM down a windy unpaved road. After walking a bit more lugging our bags we couldn´t take it any more and hailed a cab.....

Finally we get to the hotel, dirty, tired, sun burned, and pissy. The taxi cost us $7 just to go like 1km. grrrrrr. We had hardly noticed how beautiful the place was since our eyes were full of rage... or was that dust... Thank goodness for Charlie, the hotel manager, who greeted us at the front desk offering champagne and introducing us to a nice couple from Palo Alto, Kevin and Beau. After dropping the bags off at our room, PENTHOUSE #1. Yeah! Baller! Charlie gave us a tour of this majestic castle like mansion. The views were absolutely amazing. We went to the sky lounge to enjoy our flute of champagne and take in the breathtaking views. I think both Ana and I had dispensed all our rage by then and we could finally relax.

A quick shower and we took the hotel shuttle with the boys to El Avion for drinks and sunset. Again such an amazing scene it was hard to capture with a camera no matter how many pictures Ana took. That girl sure likes her shutter, oh and camera settings! I think she had a sunset setting. Then we took a short walk down the hill to La Cantina for dinner. Our waitress happened to be the same girl passing out ladies night drinks at Byblos the night before. I guess since the economy is so bad the high tourist season in Costa Rica has sufferred, causing people to take 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. Beau and Ana, the Libras, had chicken pineapple something. Me and Kevin had tuna dishes. We cheersed our night as we listened to a 2 man band. Seriously I thought it was karaoke night since the keyboard sounded so cheesy. But no! The restaurant actually paid money for these guys to play. We took some video to prove how bad it was. With dinner complete and a coconut flan shared by the Libras, we all headed back to the bat cave at La Mansion Inn. It´s literally a narrow cave with real rocks that Ana kept scraping her leg against. It was pretty cool since it had a fountain made of rock behind us as we had more drinks. Max was our bartender and we got the boys to drink some Guaro sours and I got a TicaRica. How appropriate for me. :) jk! (not really) Charlie joined us finishing up his glass of wine and we headed up to the pool to jump into the jacuzi. There we shared some smuggled in Malibu from the boys and some Imperials from Charlie. It was a great time hanging out with these guys. The jacuzi was awesome. It had a little slide that put you right into the big pool. Weeee heee!

Then we called it a night. Well Ana did. I went to go blog since internet at this hotel was complimentary and we were leaving in the morning I wanted to take advantage of it. And that was that. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment