
Today we got up nice and early to go horseback riding at Vilmy Ranch. Ana and I got picked up at our hotel and took a 20 minute ride into the country. Our guide was named Valentin. Really nice guy. We were greeted by two horses. The bigger one was Sargento, sargent, in spanish. He was mine. Ana got bonito or pretty in spanish. A pretty puss name for a male horse don´t you think? We also had a doggy companion named Tiger who came on the trip. We rode into the rain forest with me as lead. Ana and I were the only two on the tour so it was literally a private tour for us. It was amazing. The sound of the rain forest was loud, but at the same time it was peaceful riding through the streams amoung all the green. My horse was a bit of a a stinker. He´d ride through the wet parts trying to kick up enough water to get a sip and when we passed plants he liked he´d swing his head in time with his step to grab a bite. I had to jerk his head a few times to keep him in line. We rode probably like 30 minutes to a waterfall where Ana and me drove into a pool of water to climb up a water fall. At the top was another water fall. It was so beautiful, but we did not have a waterproof camera up there so the pictures are only mental. The water was chilly, but felt good in the humid heat. After than we dried off a bit and headed for country roads as we made our way back.
We were riding up and down hills. The horses tended to trot or gallop up the hills. They were really well trained because without direction from me, Sargento, would start galloping up a hill. The guide told us how to ride up hill by leaning forward and grippping our knees against the horse. At full gallop I found myself posting, or riding in rhythm with the horse. I guess riding a horse is like riding a bike. You never forget. I used to ride horses a lot when I was a kid in halfmoon bay. It just felt natural. As for Ana she thought she was going to fly off the horse and I could hear her screaming behind me. She made it though. After a long ride on country roads we returned to the ranche and jumped in the pick up for a ride to the jardin where a gourmet lunch awaited us. The patio had amazing views of the mountains out in Quepos. We ate some mushroom chicken and the cook had homemade salsa that was delicious. They even gave us a tasting of the local wine. It was no Napa wine, but a fruity kind. I´d classify it very similar to a fruity moscato. Yummy wine and lunch nontheless. The guide then piled us into his truck with his cute 6-year old daughter, Leidy and the cook. We drove back to our hotel.
Back at the hotel, we had planned to maybe go surfing, but we decided to just chill. A quick dip in the pool, then I blogged while Ana napped. After we got dressed we hit up happy hour at the hotel bar Escondido. Randall, the bartender, had promised us some guaro. Indeed he came through and we had a round or two. Dinner plans soon became local to the hotel. Ana and me were too in love with our guaro to move. hehe. We had dinner at the bar and chatted it up with Randall and the waitress, Gabby. We wanted to go out since we had not yet in Manual Antonio so they recommended Byblios. Monday nights was ladies night.
Ana and I after dinner worked up the energy to head out. It was a bit scary walking down the dark road from our hotel to the main strip. We found the main strip emty and dark as well except the boys at the Marlin restaurant chillin. We asked them to call us a cab and luckily they obliged. The cabbie didn´t know what to charge us since he was new, but we ended up paying like $7 which was a lot for what we were used to. Oh well.
At Bylos, yes it was ladies night. It was about a $2 entrance and then all you could drink of vodka or rum mixed drinks with coke or ginerale. The place was a casino. We walked in and it seemed like a closet compared to Vegas. We were not impressed. They also had billiards, bar area, and dance floor. The floor was empty. The atmosphere was kinda wack. No one was dancing and the crowd just wasn´t happening. We left after 2 rounds.
We returned to the room with no concrete plans for the next day. I forgot to mention that I had lost my cedula which is my Costa Rican ID during the horseback riding trip. The ranch had not called me back. So I went to bed praying that they found something. That was that. Another night falling asleep to the Austrailian Open in Melborne....
We were riding up and down hills. The horses tended to trot or gallop up the hills. They were really well trained because without direction from me, Sargento, would start galloping up a hill. The guide told us how to ride up hill by leaning forward and grippping our knees against the horse. At full gallop I found myself posting, or riding in rhythm with the horse. I guess riding a horse is like riding a bike. You never forget. I used to ride horses a lot when I was a kid in halfmoon bay. It just felt natural. As for Ana she thought she was going to fly off the horse and I could hear her screaming behind me. She made it though. After a long ride on country roads we returned to the ranche and jumped in the pick up for a ride to the jardin where a gourmet lunch awaited us. The patio had amazing views of the mountains out in Quepos. We ate some mushroom chicken and the cook had homemade salsa that was delicious. They even gave us a tasting of the local wine. It was no Napa wine, but a fruity kind. I´d classify it very similar to a fruity moscato. Yummy wine and lunch nontheless. The guide then piled us into his truck with his cute 6-year old daughter, Leidy and the cook. We drove back to our hotel.
Back at the hotel, we had planned to maybe go surfing, but we decided to just chill. A quick dip in the pool, then I blogged while Ana napped. After we got dressed we hit up happy hour at the hotel bar Escondido. Randall, the bartender, had promised us some guaro. Indeed he came through and we had a round or two. Dinner plans soon became local to the hotel. Ana and me were too in love with our guaro to move. hehe. We had dinner at the bar and chatted it up with Randall and the waitress, Gabby. We wanted to go out since we had not yet in Manual Antonio so they recommended Byblios. Monday nights was ladies night.
Ana and I after dinner worked up the energy to head out. It was a bit scary walking down the dark road from our hotel to the main strip. We found the main strip emty and dark as well except the boys at the Marlin restaurant chillin. We asked them to call us a cab and luckily they obliged. The cabbie didn´t know what to charge us since he was new, but we ended up paying like $7 which was a lot for what we were used to. Oh well.
At Bylos, yes it was ladies night. It was about a $2 entrance and then all you could drink of vodka or rum mixed drinks with coke or ginerale. The place was a casino. We walked in and it seemed like a closet compared to Vegas. We were not impressed. They also had billiards, bar area, and dance floor. The floor was empty. The atmosphere was kinda wack. No one was dancing and the crowd just wasn´t happening. We left after 2 rounds.
We returned to the room with no concrete plans for the next day. I forgot to mention that I had lost my cedula which is my Costa Rican ID during the horseback riding trip. The ranch had not called me back. So I went to bed praying that they found something. That was that. Another night falling asleep to the Austrailian Open in Melborne....
No comments:
Post a Comment